In my morning social media scan this morning I ran across an awesome and simply designed infographic that I had to share. As any fan of this blog knows, we strongly believe in the power of the subconscious in branding and marketing. We believe consumers make snap judgements about a product, service or organization without even knowing they’re doing so. I believe this infographic from Kiss Metrics shows just that.
I’ll post the whole graphic below, but here are some of the highlights:
- 92.6 people say the visual dimension is the #1 influencing factor affecting their purchase decisions (over taste, smell, etc)
- 2/3 of people won’t buy a large appliance unless it comes in their preferred color
- One company changed the color of a call-to-action button from green to red and got a 21% increase in conversions
- Red and green are the colors most affected by color-vision deficiency. Almost no one has a blue deficiency
- Blue, green and black are the colors men love the most
- Blue, purple and green are the colors women love the most