Sutter Group is a full-service creative agency specializing in branding and marketing. Our clients really appreciate the wisdom that we’ve gained in our more than three decades of experience designing, developing and maintaining branded websites and applications. We’re not a mega-agency with more clients than bandwidth and attention to serve them, nor are we an upstart agency. Sutter Group combines the quality and talent of a big agency with the level of service and care of a small business. Our clients are various Fortune 500 companies, automotive industry groups, non-profit organizations, and lobbyist groups. These technology leaders need an expert in cutting-edge technology to craft their web presence, ensure it performs, and get it into production quickly and effectively. That’s where Sutter Group comes in.
Web Developer Job
Are you a Web Developer who is deeply passionate about the web and mobile applications that loves to make user experiences innovative and dynamic? Sutter Group is a fun, hard-working, experienced creative agency looking for a versatile and passionate Web Developer to join us and help build inspired websites and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will embrace a highly collaborative, autonomous, creative team dynamic that rewards top-notch performance, effective communication, and compelling projects that will take Sutter Group to the next level.
You will work on projects such as creating new websites, web applications, and native applications, as well as enhancing and maintaining current sites/applications for a wide variety of clients across multiple industries. Successful candidates will need to be able to understand a client’s business requirements and design wireframes and user interfaces based on the requirements.
This is a freelance opportunity currently. We have a desk for you, if you want, but you are welcome to work 100% remotely.
In this position you will:
- Work within a variety of CMSs (primarily WordPress), native applications, and websites
- Create an intuitive and pleasant end-user experience for mobile applications and websites
- Collaborate with designers, other developers, and stakeholders to create new features from the ground up
- Design and/or advise the design team in terms of implementation, impact, responsiveness, performance, localization, and accessibility
- Define technical requirements, timelines, and budgets
- Determine usability flows and testing methodologies
- Manage website quality control procedures
- Continuously evolve the web standard of excellence
- Design, code, and test email marketing campaigns
- Launch websites from domain purchase to go-live
What we are looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (Associate’s Degree will be considered with the appropriate amount of related design industry experience)
- Experience implementing third-party API Integrations (preferably in a WordPress environment).
- Proficiency in building and updating APIs, debugging plugin compatibility issues.
- Strong proficiency in WordPress CMS, WP file structure, custom post types/taxonomies with WordPress Framework, and WordPress REST API.
- Experience with Google Analytics, specifically goal setting, event tracking,
- Ecommerce tracking.
- Understanding of SEO best practices.
- Understanding of social media and newsletter best practices.
- Knowledge or experience with news/publishing/media/music organizations ideal.
- Strong computer skills (Mac OS) including proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity with basic color theory, artistic composition, and font types
- Ability to develop themes or modify existing themes
- Thorough understanding of responsive web design
- 3–5 years experience designing for customer-facing websites and mobile applications
- A portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of projects
- Experience designing rich front-end web applications
- Ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority last-minute requests and other high-stress situations
- A strong sense of curiosity and desire to learn
- Experience with wireframes and design concept style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present your work to stakeholders and team members
- Fluency in English
- Ability to stay abreast of trends and developments in web design, tools, and technology
- Experience with e-commerce
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Sketch, Zeplin, or similar applications
- Experience with Basecamp, Trello or similar project management system
- Experience with Git version control
- Knowledge of Google’s Material Design Specifications, and some experience with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Demonstrated experience quickly turning mockups into HTML5 and CSS
- Familiar with Node, Gulp/Grunt, and SASS
- Comfortable with SQL
- Understanding of DNS, cPanel, WHM, and AWS
- Solid knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience with game and/or AR development a plus
- Animation/motion design skills a plus
Our work sets the standard for creativity on a multitude of platforms. The Sutter Group is one the few digital marketing agencies with a reputation for quality branding that is decades old. We’re able to provide the customized services of a boutique while having the resources to do large projects at scale. That means we can offer marketing strategies, which include social media marketing, mobile app development and event displays, and deliver on these services to our clients. We are proud to be a certified woman-owned small business that has consistently pivoted quickly to implement new technologies based on time-tested principles.