Why logo design and style guides are priority 1
Logo design and style guides are not just important, they’re everything.
Designing a great logo is like creating a great movie protagonist. Even when the story is exciting, directors still need to make us care. You know, show us what makes the protagonist tick. That tick is all about emotion.
Is he patriotic? Selfless? People loving?
Great logos work the same way. Audiences will respond to your company if your logo reflects a personality or value they’re drawn to.
Here are some others:
- Rolex. A crown above the noble letting signals not just quality, but the finest quality, good enough for the royals.
- Apple. Apple wanted to tip its hat to Isaac Newton and the great mind that discovered gravity, thus aligning the computer manufacturer, whose early market was public schools, with curiosity and education.
- Coca-Cola. Today’s Coca-Cola logo isn’t far from its 1887 logo. The longhand font brings to mind values of yore — school and hard work among them. The first two Cs are decorated with round “cherries,” perhaps a nod to soda fountain versions of cherry Coke. In a word, nostalgia.
- Nike. Perhaps the most iconic of logos, Nike’s implies movement and speed. Today, Nike doesn’t even use the name of its company with the artwork. The swoosh speaks for itself.
You may be the best financial advisor, trade association, or plumber. Only if you can connect on an emotional level with your audience will they consider your services.
We help you generate the brand that is your business. The brand that will attract and keep your audience. The brand that will make you money.
A style guide is a visual reference to using your brand across media, including print, social media, broadcast, and your own website.
Your style guide displays:
- Acceptable uses of logos
- Links to actual art
- Rules about using logo
- When to use certain graphic formats
Style guides may also reference words, tone, and other non-visual aspects of your logo and wording that may accompany it.
How to get great logo design and style guides
Great logos and style guides are created with innovative strategy, including:
- Research and interviews
- Creative brief
- Logo development
- Style guide
- Multiple file format generation
Our strategy for helping businesses succeed works, time and again. Because when you take the time to do something right, the solution will work for you for years to come.
How we make your phone ring
We don’t just provide great logo design and style guides, although they’re some of our favorite services. We help you decide whether these and other services are right for your business, your message, your audience, your budget.
We also help you:
- Fine tune your target audience
- Create messages that attract and keep your audience
- Deliver those messages in ways that will get and keep your audience’s attention
- Track and translate campaign metrics
Our strategy for marketing works, time and again. Because we deliver solutions that succeed for years to come.
Want your business to stand out? Please call John Sutter at 301.459.5445 to talk about how we can help your company create great branding and marketing for your products or services. We can get your audience to sit up and take notice — and action.